Monday, August 07, 2006

Summer's End


Today is the last day of summer for my kids. School starts back tomorrow. Emily is a senior. It just blows me away to think that she could possibly be a senior in high school!!! Seems like only yesterday I was carrying her around on my hip. She has up grown SO fast. I can't believe in just a few short months she will be off to college and a different world. I can only pray that Richard and I have raised her the way God wanted us to and that she will always remember who she is in Christ. I know this school year will 'fly!' I pray that I will make the most of every day, as we should anyway, of this last year of high school. Soccer games will start soon. That also reminds me of how fast her high school years have flown. Didn't she just start playing high school soccer??? Wasn't she just in the Freshman Academy?? What happened? She's had her driver's license now for close to a year!? She's been to FOUR proms already? Two somewhat serious boyfriends?!? I am so very proud of who Emily has become. She is a wonderful Christian young woman who stands up for what she believes in and tries to make a difference in the lives of her friends.

No comments: