Saturday, January 17, 2009

Long time no posts...........

I haven't posted on here in forever. I think Facebook has taken the place recently of my posting on my blog. I really like Facebook and have found so many people that I haven't talked to in years!

Anyway....I had my second foot surgery on Dec 30th on my left foot. Surgery went great and the healing process has been very good as well. I only have one longer incision compared to four incisions on my right foot. The swelling, or lack of, was MUCH better with this foot than the first. It's now been 2 1/2 weeks and I'm getting around very well. The only problem I've had is they took out my stitches before I think it was time. On Wednesday they removed the last of the stitches and Richard and I stopped at Hobby Lobby before heading home. By the time I got home the incision had started to pull apart at one end. They had not put any type bandage or steri-strips on it after removing the stitches and it was not pretty! So, I called my friend that's a nurse and she had some steri-strips that I used to doctor-up my incision. It's doing better but it just seems like it can't heal up like it would have if the stitches had stayed in longer. I do think I'll live........

Today I finally took down my Christmas trees and put up all the decorations. I know it's really late but I just haven't felt like tackling the project until now. But this morning I was determined it was all going into the boxes by the end of the day! Praise the Lord, with Richard's help, it's all safely stored away until Christmas 2009.

No comments: