Friday, August 22, 2008

Crazy Week

I'm so glad this is Friday night and tomorrow is Saturday. I spent Monday-Wednesday in Nashville at a customer meeting. Emily went with me and we did have a good time. Monday afternoon I was in a training session but it didn't last too long and then Emily and I went to the mall. We shopped at Sephora for a few minutes and then went to eat at The Cheesecake Factory. We didn't shop long at this mall because it was the too 'ritzy' for us.....The Mall at Green Hills. We went back to our room and laid around watching the Olympics before turning in at a decent time. Our plans were to sleep in on Tuesday morning and then get up and go shopping again. I didn't have any meetings for that day. I was supposed to attend a dinner that night but ended up not going because we were still out shopping. I'm really not a very social person when it comes to 'entertaining' customers. BUT there are plenty of those types at TG that I don't have to worry about that! In fact, some of them stayed out until 4am Tuesday morning and Wednesday morning entertaining them! They were down on 2nd street at The Stage and Legends (bars, if you didn't know) and then they went back to the patio at the Loews Vanderbuilt Hotel (where we were staying) and sat out there until 4am! Supposedly they even ordered pizza at 3am! yuck! I've decided that the only reason most of the employees go to this meeting is to socialize.....drink, smoke, etc. This is not for me. I did have a good time shopping and spending time with Emily and at the expense of the company. In fact, the company got off cheap with me, they picked up the tab of all those hanging out at the bars drinking and I heard that it was $1,500 on just one of the two nights! I didn't know it until today but Jessica Simpson was staying at the hotel while we were there. In fact, my friend Diane rode the elevator with her. Diane said she was also at The Stage one of the nights they were there as well as Kid Rock......woohoo.....I'm so sorry I missed all that.....NOT!

THEN, at the actual customer meeting on Wednesday morning I found out, after everyone else knew, that 4 employees were FIRED on Monday! They had no idea that they were going to be fired when they went to work that day. These were employees with lots of years with the company and the HR director from Houston came to Owensboro and fired them! Crazy! These men have families. They have children in college. They have worked most of their careers for Texas Gas and they had no warning whatsoever that this was coming. One of these men was the 'head honcho' at TG. So, today the CEO of Boardwalk Pipelines, who is our parent company, came to O'boro to talk to us. Well....in my opinion and those of my closest friends at TG, it was a bunch of bull! He told us he wanted us to feel free to express our opinions, etc......you could cut the tension in the room. Everyone just wants to keep their mouths shut because we are all afraid of what might happen if we do express our opinions. Anyway.....lots of stressful situations going on at the TG Black Box in O'boro. Crazy!!

After 3 days in Nashville at the customer meeting I took off yesterday so we could move Emily back to WKU. We got all her stuff moved into her dorm and met her new roommate. Kaytie seems really sweet and so far her and Emily seem to be getting along well. She is from Louisville. Emily was so glad to get back to Bowling Green! She has been pretty bored in the county, especially since her job ended a few weeks ago. She's been anxious to see all the friends she made last school year. It is so hard to believe that it has been a year since we moved her to WKU for the very first time. And now she is beginning her sophomore year. Crazy!!

So now I sit here trying to unwind from all of the events of this week. Tomorrow I'm going to try to clean my house a little since it is past dirty! Ben is playing in a golf tournament and they are leaving at 6:40am......I thought about going with Richard to watch him play but I think I need more sleep than that! The dog has an appointment for a grooming at 8:30am. I'm thinking about going to a spinning class in the morning at 9am. I have got to find something in the way of exercise that I like and get this FAT body in shape!!!!! Crazy!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well it is a little after 9 and i wondered if you were "spinning" just wanted to drop you a line and let you know i was thinking of you. hope ben does well today.

Unknown said...

It is 9:30 and you should almost be through with the spinning class. Let me know if you like it. I might try to go on Thursday night if hub is off, and I think he will be since he has to work Tuesday night (Yuck!)

Anonymous said...

Ok, so you didn't make it to spinning class this morning - but you are not a loser like you said in your text to me earlier today! I meant to tell you that when we stopped by!!!! I have very good intentions of exercising every day, but I've lost my self-discipline! We HAVE to start walking the trail!!!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

okay, I'm dumb here, what is spinning?