Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympics

Did anyone watch that Men's 4x100 Free relay last night?!?! It was awesome! The US came from behind to beat the team from France by 8 one-hundredths of a second. It was SO exciting. I was the only one watching it here at the house and I started screaming when we won. The thing was.....one of the men from France had made a comment that they were going to 'smash' the US because 'that's what we came here for.' The US was behind until the very end. Michael Phelps, deemed to be the best swimmer ever, is on track to possibly win 8 gold medals. If he does that he will have won more than Mark Spitz did back many years ago. Can you tell I love swimming!?!?!?! I guess because I swam on the swim team from the time I was 7 years old until even after I graduated from high school.


Here's a picture of Phelps and teammates after they had won!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - Danny, the kids, and I were watching!!! I wanted to jump up and down and scream like Michael Phelps!!! After hearing the comments made by the French, I was especially thrilled to see our guys win!

Anonymous said...

I sure didn't know you were on the swim team!! I was really excited to see our guys win. Michael Phelps is amazing, I just dont' know how he does it.