Monday, September 01, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

It's been a good weekend. Yesterday was Ben's 17th birthday. We celebrated at Mom & Dad's house with Ben's favorite meal.....steak & twice-baked potatoes, also strawberry cake. It was delicious as usual. I can hardly believe my boy is 17 years old! I remember his birth like it was yesterday. I went into labor during the night but stayed at home until around 1pm on a Friday afternoon. Well....Ben wasn't born until 12:15am on Saturday. He was waiting around to be born on Dr Conatser's mom's birthday. My mom was in the delivery room with us when Ben was born and when Dr Conatser said 'it's a boy' my mom said 'are you sure!' We didn't really know for sure but we were thinking it was going to be a girl.....WRONG! It was Benjamin Wade Parsons......8 lb 13oz and 20 inches long. I LOVE YOU BEN!

We have another birthday on Friday, September 5. Erica will be 15 years old. I can't believe she'll be 15 either. I also remember her birth like it was yesterday. Erica was born on her due date and I was only in labor for about 5 hours. Only one more year until she will be driving....not looking forward to this!

This week is going to be a very busy week. Erica has an away soccer game tomorrow night at Crittenden Co and then a home game on Thursday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Ben's name! Cool to use your maiden name as a middle name, but no one would realize that if they didn't know you!

Unknown said...

I love Ben's name! Cool to use your maiden name as a middle name, but no one would realize that if they didn't know you!