Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Heavy heart

My heart is so heavy today. Joey Smith is no longer with us. He died yesterday morning early. Joey was a very dedicated, balanced person. I have never known anyone who had the discipline that he had about running. He ran almost every morning. Richard and I would see him run past our house when we were sitting on our back porch early in the morning. Joey was a very loving husband. He and Marsha seemed like high school sweethearts, even after 30 years! He was a loving Dad......to Josh and Macy. He was a deacon, a friend, a wonderful Christian man. He was 'Jesus' every year in our Easter cantata. We will never have an Easter that we won't remember Joey as 'Jesus' on that cross! He will be missed so much!

Lord, I lift up Joey's family to you.....Marsha, Josh & Macy. Wrap your loving arms around them like noone else can do. May they feel your presense in the days ahead. May we as a church body care for them and minister to them as you lead us. Amen

No comments: