Monday, November 03, 2008

Long time no post......

I'm really not sure why I haven't been posting on my blog. It's not like I don't have time since I'm still off from work due to the surgery on my foot. I guess I just wasn't up to thinking of something to write! Laziness......

Anyway...my foot is healing, slowly but it is getting better each day. I went back to the doctor almost 3 weeks ago and they removed my stitches but Dr wanted to leave the pin in my foot until I go back on November 12th. I'm still wearing the 'boot' and getting really, really tired of it! I'm really anxious to get the pin removed (even though I'm not really looking forward to the actual removal!) At this point I'm scheduled to return to work on November 17th. I haven't been able to go back to work due to the fact that Dr won't let me drive as long as I'm wearing the 'boot'. I have so enjoyed being off from work! I've even been cooking again. I'm praying I will continue this after I go back to work. It will all depend on my planning, and I'm not real good at planning meals typically. Please pray that I will do that.

Also, I have decided that due to the fact that I have met my deductible and almost my out-of-pocket maximum for this year, I'm going to go ahead and have the surgery on my left foot before the year is over. I still have to schedule it and I really would like to have it after Christmas but if I have to I will do it before Christmas. I've sort of tried to start preparing for it by doing a little bit of shopping.....yikes!.....it just blows my mind that Christmas is not that far away!

But, before Christmas, we still have Thanksgiving to celebrate! And I CAN'T WAIT because my whole family is going to the Smoky Mountains for Thanksgiving! Yes, we are renting 2 cabins and we are planning to cook Thanksgiving dinner in the mountains! This is the first time we have done this and we are all SO excited!

Well......I'm gonna go for now.....hopefully I won't wait so long before posting again! ttfn!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're doing so well! Hope the next surgery is just as successful. Love ya!

Unknown said...

Wow, I was beginning to think that you had forgot about blogging. You definitely need to do your foot this year too. Love ya lots!

Unknown said...

Wow, I was beginning to think that you had forgot about blogging. You definitely need to do your foot this year too. Love ya lots!

Mysti said...

Glad you're doing well. I've been on a blog hiatus too, but self-imposed. Take it easy and enjoy your time off!

Anonymous said...

Wow...a lot going on, but you sound full of joy and plans. That's awesome! The mountains...what a great idea!

Theresa said...

I'm so out of the loop, didn't even know you had surgery. I swear if things don't happen right in front of me I just don't see anything. Glad you're doing well. Enjoy your time now, since the pain is over.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are doing better!

It actually doesn't sound half bad having your other foot done soon... it would definitely get you a nice, long holiday break from work! Plus, extra kiddos home to help you, AND... you might not even have to go Christmas shopping. Now, if they could do something about the pain and healing... it would be almost nice. :-)