Wednesday, May 21, 2008

IT'S OVER!

Baseball season has officially ended now for MSHS! We got beat in the first game of the district tournament on Monday night to end the season. I'm sorry, but I can't say that I was disappointed.....the season has not been a good one and we have spent way too many nights at the ballpark. It has pretty much consumed our lives since the last week of March. We even survived thru it with a broken washer and several other issues.

Last night was SO nice! I got home from work and Emily had cooked dinner, complete with strawberry shortcake for dessert. Wow! That was so nice! And then I didn't have anywhere I HAD to go. So, I planted some bell peppers in containers out on my deck. I have red, green, yellow and orange and a jalepeno pepper plant. I had planted a Roma tomato and a cherry tomato plant a few weeks ago. I'm thinking about buying some herbs to grow out there too!

I'm looking forward to the summer and the kids being out of school. They are ready. Emily will be working about 20 hours a week as a summer intern at the church and Ben is going to work around 10 hours a week on the golf course at the country club helping weed eat. I think I need to find Erica a job too!!! Actually, she will be working some in the pro shop for my mom. My mom & dad run the pro shop so they let the kids work for them whenever they want. I'm hoping they will spend lots of time at the pool swimming or on the course play golf. We pay too much money a year not to take advantage of it big time in the summer!

This summer is going to be really busy for me at work too! We are implementing a new system and my boss is going to have to be out of the office because her daughter is having surgery in Minnesota. This is a very serious surgery and she will be gone for several weeks. Please pray that it goes well. Her daughter is only in her early 20's and just got married last summer. She will be having her pancreas removed and some other procedures that go along with that.

We hope to get a trip in sometime this summer to CedarPoint amusement park in Sandusky, OH. They have some of the best roller coasters in the world and the kids have been wanting to go for the last couple of years. It's close to an 8 hour drive and we only have a small car now so I'm not real sure how that's going to work!

What are your plans for the summer???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking so forward to our vacation with Holly and Barry's fam. We've never been to that part of the country before, so it should be exciting!

Mysti said...

My plans...hmm...hoping the girls will sleep til at least 7 am every morning so I can get some extra shut-eye. Hanging out in the backyard, playing with them. Swimming lessons for both girls. A small family trip, possibly to St. Louis. Then, late August, the TransAm Nationals again in Dayton, OH(eight years in a row now) but in the winners' circle this time since we won last year--woohoo! No car cleaning for me!

Anonymous said...

Vacation in June to Destin, a few smaller trips and then getting kids ready to go to college.