Monday, May 26, 2008

Official start of summer......

Well the long weekend is coming to an end. I even took off on Friday, so I had a 4 day weekend. The first 3 days were absolutely perfect. I worked in the yard and stayed outside doing something all weekend. Today, Memorial Day, was rainy but I did spend most of the day out on my back porch reading. The day was pretty uneventful for me anyway. Richard and Ben played golf and Emily was still in BG after going yesterday so she could go to the drive-in with her college friends. Mom did grill steaks and made homemade ice cream for all of us tonight and it was GREAT! Now I'm dreading tomorrow. Having time off from work is great until the night before I have to go back and then I just really dread it. The is especially true I know the kids don't have to get up and go to school and all the teachers are almost off for the summer......I really wish I had been a school teacher even though my mom says I wouldn't have the patience! The thought of being off right now for the whole summer sounds awesome to me!

On that note.....I am going to have to be off work at some point this year for I'm not sure how long. I need to have surgery on both of my feet, at separate times. Because my work is an office job the podiatrist says I can probably go back after just a couple of weeks if I keep my foot elevated and don't put any weight on it. The problem will come when I have the right foot done because I won't be able to drive to work with a cast on my foot. And since my work is so far away it won't be practical for someone to take me to work and come back and get me. Right now I'm looking at possibly having the first surgery at the end of August or sometime in September. We are implementing a new system at work and it is scheduled for a live date of August so I don't want to leave my department short-handed for that. Please lift this up in your prayers if you get the chance. I wouldn't mind if the Lord just healed my feet without having to have surgery!!!

Have a great week friends!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I will definitely pray for healing. I know exactly what you mean about having to go back to work. I think I dreaded it all night last night. It affects the way you sleep and everything. Hope you had a good day back at work! LY

Anonymous said...

I know you dread having surgery, but I promise we'll take great care of you! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I always dread going back to work after a long weekend, or vacation day. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth being off!!

I will be praying for your feet too!

Mysti said...

God, I ask that you be with Susan and if willing, heal her feet so she won't have to face surgery. If she must face surgery, guide the surgeon's hands, help it go very smoothly and help her to heal quickly. Thank you for this dear precious sister. In Jesus' name, Amen.