Monday, May 05, 2008

Monday, Monday.....

Today has not been such a bad Monday afterall. I typically don't like Mondays at all but today has been GORGEOUS despite having to work indoors. I did go out to lunch at PennStation with one of my bestest friends here at work. We had a good lunch but had to go back to work......blah. Anyway, the weekend was really great. On Saturday I worked in the yard, on the deck, etc. cleaning up from winter and planting flowers. It is starting to look so much better. Then we went to my Mom & Dad's house to watch the Derby. Mom had fixed all kinds of stuff to eat, it was delicious. I crashed on the loveseat after eating and watching the Derby. I slept there for awhile and then we went home and I think I went to the bed around 9:30 which is unheard of for me! I was wiped out!

Sunday was a wonderful day at church and we went to eat with several friends afterwards and had a fun time. Late Sunday afternoon Richard and I drove the truck to Owensboro to buy a new washing machine. We had done our research on which ones were the best and I called all the close Sears stores to find out if there were any of our choices that were actually in stock that we could take with us. We found one in Owensboro and I NOW HAVE A WASHER!!! Yippee!!! We so take for granted our washers and dryers. It was not a very fun time spending hours at the laundromat washing clothes! Thank you Lord for my new washer!

Tonight we are back to the ballpark! We play Butler Co and I told Ben as I left the house this morning that he needed to hit a homerun tonight so his Dad could see it! He told me he would try his best........that's all a momma can ask, right?!?!?!?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope he hits one for you! Carson hit the ball both times he was at bat tonight. The first time he made it to second, the last time to first. He also almost got someone out at home plate on the first night they actually called outs. This has been so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Ben played a great game, and we got a win! YIPPEE! See you later tonight!