Stress.....does it ever go away? I DON'T THINK SO! Not when you work full-time and have kids. Especially more than one kid because there's always something going on with one of them. This week it has been with College Girl. She has been dealing with a strained girlfriend relationship for the last week and a half and then last night she called me really upset over another relationship with Josh. She just felt like everything was falling in around her and she was originally going to drive home last night and spend the night then drive back this morning for class. As it turned out her and Josh talked until midnight and then she was too tired and it was so late that she decided to stay there. I was ready to go to BG myself to check on her but she didn't want me to come right then. They had a long talk and got some things out in the open and things seem okay now. Next week is her Spring Break and she is going to come home. She was originally going on a trip with the university group at her church there in BG but she has decided she thinks she really just needs the time away from school and everything else. I'm excited she's coming home and I'm hoping to get to take off at least a couple of days next week to spend some time with her.
Ben has been doing well with his driving since getting his license on Monday. He really likes the independence of driving without me and/or Richard! And Erica likes having him to drive her to school and other places.
Work has been crazy again this week. My boss has still been out alot, she's still fighting bronchitis. I just keep praying that I don't catch any of the stuff that's going around....I just hate using my PTO (vacation) days to be sick! That's what we have use, we don't have 'sick' days. The sick days are built into our PTO days so if you aren't sick any then you have extra vacation days! Another co-worker has been out some also this week and it seems like I have had to clean up messes, etc. this week for the ones who are out.
I decided yesterday morning that I really needed something to help me de-stress so I called on my wonderful friend Brenda to see if she could give me a facial. Well....as it turned out she had a cancellation and she got me in yesterday afternoon. IT WAS WONDERFUL!!! Two of my friends at work had given me a gift certificate to LaBelle so I used that plus some! I stepped it up a notch and got the Optimer facial. It was great. This morning when I got up my face felt so good and it look refreshed and renewed. If you have never had a facial you should try it. I think it relaxes me almost as much as her massages (which are also wonderful!)
Now if I could just find out some results from my sleep study then I might be able to really get some good rest!!!
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
Stress, kids, work, tired.......
at 9:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'll be praying for College Girl. (I'm pretty sure I've been there before)
I'll be praying for college girl, too. I forget how hard those college years can be. She is so sweet. :-)
Praying you don't get sick, too! This had been the worst sick season that I ever recall!
I got a customized facial and a massage in one day last summer at La Belle. It was heavenly!
I had days when I was in college that seemed so devastating to me. I know that I had my mom in tears many times because she couldn't be there with me. Those years were so tough! Know that we're praying for her!
Post a Comment