Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Taking time.....

I've been so busy for the last week that I haven't taken the time to write here. College Girl was on Spring Break last week. She and I went to Louisville on Thursday on a shopping trip. We had a great time. We spent about 2 hours in the Sephora store at Oxmoor trying out all kinds of makeup, etc. Then we went to eat at The Cheesecake Factory. It was awesome! I had the Cajun Jambalaya Pasta and White Chocolate Caramel Macadamia Nut Cheesecake! We also spent some time at the Mall St Matthews. We had a really good time, no fighting at all!

I also took off Friday and spent most of the day cleaning the carpet in the house. It was SO dirty and old but it looks much better now. Emily had to work that day so she was gone most of the day. It was nice to get something accomplished that day! And I got lots of laundry done was well. By Sunday I had done almost every piece of dirty laundry until we made Ben clean his room and he dumped about 2 loads worth of laundry down the laundry chute! That's what happens when a 16 yr old boy doesn't clean his room on a regular basis! Speaking of 16 yr old boys........yikes!!!......insurance is horrendous! We are going in the morning to sit down and talk with our insurance agent about how we can best insure this boy without going broke! It is unbelievable how much more it costs to insure boys as compared to girls. If you have a boy, then you better start saving money now. We have already told him he needs to get a job to help pay for some of this expense. He plans to do something this summer but baseball prevents him from getting anything right now. Baseball basically consumes his life right now. They (high school team) had a scrimmage game tonight but Richard nor I either one went....it was away....pretty far away. There are LOTS of games so we'll get to see him play LOTS.

My sister and her three kids are in town from Iowa this week. We spent a little bit of time down at Mom & Dad's house tonight with them. The kids are on Spring Break there and they will be here until Friday. It's nice to see them....we haven't seen them since last August.

I'm gonna sign off for now and try to go to bed earlier tonight than I have the last few nights. Of course, I'm still keeping Richard awake with my snoring. I'm scheduled to go back to the sleep center on March 31st to try out the CPAP machine. I'm so hoping and praying that this will be the solution to my problem and that I will see a huge difference in how I feel when I wake up in the mornings!!!

ttfn!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice to hear from you! I know how hard it is to keep up with blogging when busy and it seems like everyone is busy right now. :-)

We need to get together for our dinner soon, too. Maybe sometime next week after Easter!